Tuesday 5 November 2013

Photography - Week 0 - This is (NOT) a Cat Blog

To nobody's surprise, I'm a tad belated on the results of the votation (if made up words make you cringe, turn back now, friend). Due to some outside sources and that the poll of my prior post is a filthy filthy liar as outdated as I am, coincidentally; the result is that I'm going to be taking pictures of things. No, not those things (well maybe), but you know, probably people and objects and landscapes and cats. Okay, definitely cats, but more on that in a bit.


Photography is the chosen challenge, and I've no idea how you do a photo 'challenge' as of yet. Maybe I can incorporate the runner up... but if you've got better ideas, I urge you to surrender them to me. For now, I'm researching my little heart out, learning my gear, software, technique, and how incredibly useless I am at taking pictures. I'm thinking for the purposes of my photography experiment, it might be prudent to choose an area of focus. You know, really zoom in on something... I'd be greatly appreciative of anybody who lens some ideas to the project, but I might be working the wrong angle here...

So if you're still with me, I've got a treat for you! In order to track my progress, I've done my first quick little shoot. Something I conveniently have an unfortunate abundance of in my home at present. That's right, kitties! It's a serious shoot ripe with gripping emotion, capturing the essence of the felines who thanklessly roam the halls of my home. And so, shameless cat photography. Allow me to introduce the models (You may want to find a clamp and secure it to your skull, the cuteness might just blow it's bits clean through your monitor):

Miss Grumblemauser Von Blitzen III (Miss Grumbles)

Charles

And here's where the clamp comes in - Cheetah

Confinement

Dominance

Malevolence

The Hunger

Reflection

Shame

Cutesy Wutesy Wittle Wuv Muffins

So uh, yeah, that's my life right now. I just want to be clear that this is not a cat blog, every single one of those cats is an intruder in my home (only one of which I am the disappointed and ashamed owner of), and this is definitely not some crazy scheme to forward my hidden agenda of making a name for myself in the cutthroat world of catblogging. No sir... now back to photography stuff, and not dressing up and taking pictures of my little boo-boo kitty crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment